Monday, March 7, 2016

BUCKET LIST (THE SEQUEL)

Mr. Brian Moran
Albuquerque, NM

February 12, 2016

Hi, Brian.

About this time last year I became obsessed with hiking the Appalachian Trail. Yep, all 2,180 miserable miles of it. In case you've forgotten, see my past blog entry entitled "Bucket List".

I must have been a complete idiot to think that hiking the Appalachian Trail was a good idea. But, I've got a new idea. Let me get back to you about it tomorrow as I'm headed out to do some errands.

More later,

MJ

********

Mr. Brian Moran
Albuquerque, NM

February 13, 2016

Hi, Brian.

Here's a new idea. Being that doing the entire Appalachian Trail is not a good idea (for many reasons) how about doing a small section of the AT? Here's what I propose: we travel to Roanoke, Virginia in mid-May. The AT connects very conveniently just north of Roanoke and will be a great place to start. Furthermore, the Virginia section of the AT is the easiest portion of the entire trail. I'm hoping that you're on board for this. It will be a great adventure.

Let me get back to you tomorrow as I'm headed out for a haircut.

More later,

MJ

********

Mr. Brian Moran
Albuquerque, NM

February 14, 2016

Hi, Brian.

It's me again. O.K., to continue, we hike the AT from Roanoke north for 300 miles. I figure it will take us about a month. Conveniently, we'll finish in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia. There, we can catch Amtrak and head back west.

I hope you are as excited as I am. This will be a great trip!

Let me get back to you tomorrow as I'm headed out to walk the dog.

More later.

MJ


********

Mr. Brian Moran
Albuquerque, NM

February 15, 2016

Hi, Brian.

As far as expenses go, it shouldn't be too bad. I'll need to get quite a bit of gear (tent, backpack, sleeping bag, etc.) and it shouldn't "break the bank". Anyway, whatever the cost it will be worth it.

Let me get back to you tomorrow as I'm headed to REI to scope out some equipment.

More later,

MJ

********

Mr. Brian Moran
Albuquerque, NM

February 16, 2016

Hi, Brian.

Well, I went to REI yesterday and scoped out some gear. I got fitted for a backpack. Man, was it comfortable! The salesman was excellent and I figured that he knew what he was talking about because he was a little skinny dude who probably backpacks a lot. Once fitted with the pack, he said that I should try carrying it with a load of weight in it. I figure that we'll each have to carry about 35 pounds, with a 5-day supply of food and all the junk that we'll need to survive. So I told him to load the pack up with 20 pounds. I then proceeded to don the pack and walk around the store. I managed to make it once around the store before I had to take it off. I bitched at the salesman for playing a cruel joke on me and loading it with 50 pounds of weight. He swore it was only 20 pounds.

Let me get back to you tomorrow as I'm headed to the chiropractor.

My back's killing me.

MJ

********

Mr. Brian Moran
Albuquerque, NM

February 17, 2016

Hi, Brian.

The chiropractor told me no heavy lifting for a couple of months. So, unfortunately, I'll have to bag the trip. My apologies for the cancellation. It was the salesman's fault.

I still say that he loaded the pack with 50 pounds instead of 20.

MJ


----------

Readers, enjoy your day.



4 comments:

  1. Welcome back, I've missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure a week of laying in the Mexican sun enjoying fruity island drinks will help that back problem! :-)

    ReplyDelete