Monday, March 14, 2016

THE LANGUAGE OF CARDS

The wife and I enjoy playing cards very much. The game that we most enjoy is a game called "Screw Your Neighbor". For those of you who are familiar with this game, yes, I realize that it is often called another name, but, for the purposes of today's sermon, we'll go with the aforementioned name.

Truthfully, I'm bothered by the terminology used in the playing of Screw Your Neighbor. I think that it is time that we get rid of the offensive verbiage that is associated with this otherwise fun and G-rated card game.

How these offensive words come into play is beyond me. It sickens me.

Can't we just use some civil language?

To that end, I recommend that we eliminate forever the offensive word that is part and parcel of this card game.

That word is "Trump".

I have grown to deeply dislike the word and I encourage all of my readers to start a movement to rid the game of this offensive term. To that end, I have begun substituting the word "Boss" for the aforementioned vile word. Now, instead of saying "hearts are Trump" we say "hearts are BOSS".

It's a much more civilized term.

If you feel differently about this and also dislike the word "Boss", please free to substitute a word of your choosing.

I only ask one thing:

Anything but Trump.


Readers, enjoy your day.


No comments:

Post a Comment