Monday, December 25, 2017

A PERFECT CHRISTMAS

The movie "White Christmas" is one of my faves. In it, Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye et al sing and dance their way into our hearts with the ultimate goal (spoiler alert) of saving the day for their former WW2 commanding officer who now owns an inn in Vermont and there are no guests because there's no snow on the ground.

Whew.

One scene from the movie is designed to capture our hearts and turn our attitudes toward the concept of snow from negative ones ("jeez I'm sure sick of shoveling this crap") to positive ones ("snow, snow, beautiful snow").

We in the Pacific Northwest are more used to a "wet Christmas" than a "white Christmas"; rain being the norm for this time of year. Thus, it was a great surprise to wake up to three inches of fresh snow on Christmas Day.

We took our wonderful dog for a walk in the snow. All the way we were greeted by people outdoors enjoying a beautiful white Christmas. It was a scene straight out of Currier and Ives - kids throwing snowballs, building snowmen, adults going for a walk.

Until now, I could not imagine a more perfect Christmas.

Then, as I tuned in to this afternoon's football game covered by NBC, I saw that Cris Collinsworth is NOT announcing the game.

Like I said, I cannot imagine a more perfect Christmas.

Readers, enjoy your Christmas day.

No comments:

Post a Comment