Sunday, June 15, 2014

THE DAY AFTER THE GARAGE SALE

Today as I look out over the 2500 feet of crabgrass that I call the backyard I cannot help but notice that all of the sale items are gone and are now part and parcel of other people's homes. Now the wife and I face the process of moving in the next week. Movers come on Wednesday, carpet cleaners come on Thursday, closing is Friday and we're outta here on Saturday. Will it be tough to leave our little mountain hamlet? I dare say probably not.

That was five minutes ago. Now I'm feeling rather melancholy about leaving. It's always tough to leave friends behind....but we'll meet so many new friends. It's tough to turn our backs on the biking and hiking trails that are so plentiful in the Rockies...but, the Olympic mountains offer equally enticing trails. We're a few hours west of Denver....we'll be a few hours west of Seattle. We'll miss cheering for the Broncos...we'll cheer for the Seahawks. Trout fishing here is outstanding...salmon fishing up there is outstanding.

Where we presently live there's a brewpub four blocks away...where we're moving - let's see, it's two miles away.

I'm beginning to think that this move isn't such a good idea.


Readers, enjoy your day.


No comments:

Post a Comment