Friday, April 3, 2015

DREAMS OF IRELAND

It wasn't supposed to happen. We were ticked off at the airlines. We weren't going to spend one dime on air travel this year.

Then it happened.

Memories of the Emerald Isle swept through my mind. Of tall pints of Guinness at the end of a long day's hike. Of the beautiful countryside. Of the magnificent coastline.
It wasn't supposed to be like this.

The last time we were there was ten years ago.  I spent two weeks searching; searching in vain. I could never find one.  We walked from Killarney along the circular Kerry Way. Nothing.

I was told that no one had heard of such a thing. It didn't exist in Ireland. But I persisted. Every day brought a new disappointment. We returned to the U.S. I swore I'd never return to Ireland.  I just couldn't face my failure.

But I knew I must. And I will...soon.

I will return to Ireland. This time I will not be denied. I WILL find a pub that serves a corned beef sandwich.

It will happen.

It is my destiny.


Readers, enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment