Tuesday, March 4, 2014

YOU ASKED FOR IT

I'm going to post a picture of my foot a week post-surgery but will stall a bit so that if any of you are squeamish (and you know who you are) you may want to skip today's entry.

Looking at today's title I am reminded of a TV show from the 50's of the same name. In this show, people would write in and ask for a particular thing (normally improbable acts) to be shown on-air. For example, someone might write in and say that they would like to see someone go over Niagara Falls in a barrel or see how Harry Houdini did his great escape tricks. One summer evening while driving home, my father stopped at a small roadside family fruit and vegetable stand which was tended by a young girl, presumably a child of the family in question. As my father looked over the items for sale deciding which to buy, the girl appeared to grow impatient with the delay. He asked her if she needed to be someplace else and she explained to my father that "You Asked For It" was about to start and she had written in to request that they show something. My father asked her what she had requested and she replied "I asked them to show a gorilla eating a man".

That was a true story that my father told until the day he died.

O.K., folks, here's what the hoof looks like. The doctor ignored my begging and groveling and wouldn't take out the stitches today....one more week. I think it's because he wants to soak me for more money.

Readers, enjoy your day.







1 comment: