Wednesday, February 26, 2014

REAR WINDOW

Alfred Hitchcock's classic movie "Rear Window" is one of the greatest films ever made, in my opinion. Why am I bringing this up? Because, for the next few days I'm going to be Jimmy Stewart.

In the movie, Jimmy Stewart plays a photographer who has broken his leg and is confined to his New York City apartment. While recuperating, he sits by the window (the REAR window) and observes the goings-on of the various characters who are his neighbors. He observes what he thinks is a murder. His girlfriend, played by Grace Kelly, thinks he has an overactive imagination or is just plain nuts.

That's the setup.

So, after having my foot surgery yesterday, here I sit, observing the goings-on in my own rear window. Right now there's not much drama.

Bear with me, folks; a murder will happen any minute now.

(TWO HOURS LATER)

There's still not much to report....wait a minute....here comes a squirrel....and he just stole a walnut from my neighbor's yard. Yep, just as I suspected, things are heating up. Looking closer at the squirrel it appears as if he is turning different colors - red, orange, indigo. In fact, he is quite beautiful and his motions are so fluid.

NOTE: I will continue writing about today's rear window experience once the pain medications have worn off a bit.

Readers, enjoy your day.




No comments:

Post a Comment